All Topics / Value Adding / Outdoor space to add value

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of StoreybuilderStoreybuilder
    Participant
    @storeybuilder

Hello investors!

I’m thinking about doing some outdoor paving and or substituting a window with an opening window French doors.

The main reason, is tdue to the garden needing a revamp anyway, the cost of the mulch long term is likely to outcast that of pavers.

I’m just welcoming any advice or ideas, any experience in this area would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Profile photo of pzardopzardo
    Participant
    @pzardo

Hi there,

We are doing just that – creating doors to courtyard in place of a window – realestate agents who we invited over to give price estimate of our place were definitely supportive and thought this would add value but did not specify how much – but can be expensive depends on the type of doors you choose – so need to think about over-capitalisation.

We also improved the garden by paving and building garden beds on edge of pavers – I think people prefer pavers and a space that can be used for entertaining – that is always a plus – and you can pave the whole space and add greenery by adding plants in pots etc which don’t require as much maintenance.

Profile photo of StoreybuilderStoreybuilder
    Participant
    @storeybuilder

Thanks Pzardo,

Good to know. Yes, renovation is always about looking out for over capitalising.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.