All Topics / Help Needed! / Council want me to paint my driveway subdivision different colours??!!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of darkness72darkness72
    Participant
    @darkness72

Hi

I have a 2 home – splitter block and council have put in the planning permit that I paint / colour the driveway that peels off to the front dwelling a different colour to the main driveway that continues down to the rear new house.

I think it will look ugly, unappealing etc, but they are adament that this has to be done, has anyone heard of this / seen this before. Council gone mad, and am I fighting a losing battle if i contest this with them…..

Profile photo of BallerinaBallerina
    Participant
    @ballerina

Yes, happened to us two times in Brisbane. It was to distinguish pedestrian traffic and cars, in our case. Yes, it peels off,and is high maintenance. If colours are well chose,n does not have to be ugly. You may consider differentiation in materials (concrete/pavers combination), if budget allows.

Profile photo of David HallDavid Hall
    Participant
    @wiggles2

Only a town planner could come up with something so ludricrous

David Hall | The Buyers Agency
    Email Me | Phone Me

Buyers Agent

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

See if you can use a different material instead of driveway – if it’s already in place you’re going to have a fun time getting the council to change their mind on this.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Exposed aggregate or coloured oxide vs plain concrete are easy options.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.