All Topics / Finance / What mortgage rate should i be paying

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of BenBen
    Participant
    @benny77

Hi all,

First time posting here. We have a mortgage of $970k on PPOR with value of $1.7M. Currently finance with NAB via homeside and our mortgage rate 4.26%. We have good capacity to pay and have a line of credit for $250k with NAB for use for deposits for some IP we looking at now. Should i be able to negotiate much better than 4.26% based on short summary of circumstances? Interested to know what i should be targeting if i call the bank to negotiate something better.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Ben

At that sort of lvr you should be done sub 4’s.

Being an interest only loan the Bank will probably charge some form of premium but still should be less than what you are currently paying.

Go back to them and tell them you what a payout figure as you are looking at switching lenders and i think you will be surprised how they jump.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BenBen
    Participant
    @benny77

Thanks Richard, i should have mentioned it’s P+I loan not interest only.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Although the line of credit will be interest only.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BenBen
    Participant
    @benny77
    Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

Hi Ben
    At that sort of lvr you should be done sub 4’s.
    Being an interest only loan the Bank will probably charge some form of premium but still should be less than what you are currently paying.

What about locking in for 5 years Richard? Whats the going rate for <70% LVR on 5 year fixed IO?

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Definitely should have a rate with a 3 in front of it. Homeside may not sharpen their pencil to get to that level as their primary market isn’t for CHEAP rates – so you may well be better served looking at the greater lending options for your situation.

It does all come down to your greater financial picture however – if the lender is helping you move closer to your investment goals it may well be a valid part to pay a higher premium to help you move forward.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi all,First time posting here. We have a mortgage of $970k on PPOR with value of $1.7M. Currently finance with NAB via homeside and our mortgage rate 4.26%. We have good capacity to pay and have a line of credit for $250k with NAB for use for deposits for some IP we looking at now. Should i be able to negotiate much better than 4.26% based on short summary of circumstances? Interested to know what i should be targeting if i call the bank to negotiate something better.Thanks.

yes – you should be able to get that rate down.

I’m sure any big 4 lender would offer a variable rate with a 3 in front of it.

Even ING is pricing loans above $150k at 3.94% with no negotiations required.

As Corey said though – rate is just one factor.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.