All Topics / Help Needed! / Western Suburbs of Melbourne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Shane WShane W
    Participant
    @shanewebb

Hello,

I am looking for some opinions into the suitability of an investment into the Western Suburbs of Melbourne.

Some of these suburbs are very close to the CBD, around 6-10km with a median price of 600-700k. A similar located property in the eastern side of Melbourne would attract a much larger price.

Of coarse there are reasons for this, demographics and build up industry in the Western Suburbs.

However, South Kingsville, Seddon and suburbs around the Footscray area have shown very high growth over the last 10 years, low vacancy rates, rising rental demand, improved facilities and high auction clearance rates.

I believe the area is going through gentrification. It is changing from a lower socio economic area, to a higher one.

What are your thoughts on this area? Would you invest your money into this area?

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Shane – well summarised, I call it ‘revitalisation’ and we have seen this in spades. Look at Braybrook which is a great area using the principal of revitalisation …choose carefully in Sunshine

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.