All Topics / Help Needed! / Southeast QLD or North NSW

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of PeterPeter
    Participant
    @1972sootty

Hello to you all,

I have just signed up and this is my first post. I have been in a bit of a dilemma about where to invest at the moment. I have fears of the market leveling out or perhaps retracting in the next 6 – 12 months, but I have recently sold one of my properties that was returning to me +12% net on capital but had little to no capital gain in the 8 years I owned it.

I figured by selling it now as I could cover the legals and the purchase price that it was time to get out, but trying to find another even remotely close to this return is proving to be impossible. Anyhow that gone.

So I have come across a number of properties that look to have 6 – 6.5% returns but they are all in southeast QLD and I have not yet ventured outside NSW. I would prefer 7 – 8% and any suggestion I am all ears.

What have other members experiences been buying interstate? also does anyone have a view on the next 12 month real estate price predictions?

Thank you for your help and advise.

Peter

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Peter,
    Good on you for putting your question “out there”. This one slipped by, and I have only now seen it…. whoops!!

Re selling up one that was returning 12% – wow, that one could have helped to fund another growth property. See, some properties provide Income (positive geared) while others provide Growth (often negative geared). By having a mix of each type, the positive’s help you to hold the Growth properties while they gain value. And, now an then, even a positive gearer can get the odd Growth spurt too.

Take a look at a post I sent to someone else who has a similar question to yours – it is about the Property Clock. You should find it a bit useful too.
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/5027368-frustrating-steve-and-nathans-success-not-appliable-to-current-market/#post-5027553

Do come back with more questions if you wish – we are here to help,

Benny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.