All Topics / Value Adding / Subdivision feasibility spreadsheet + checklist

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Robbo03Robbo03
    Participant
    @robbo03

After constant thought about my next step in property investing I am seriously considering my next step to be basic subdivision, with the aim of selling to pay down owner occupier debt. My hope is to find and complete probably 2-3 small projects to pay off our OO debt (150k), then hopefully with a little more experience/confidence complete some subdivide and hold projects.

Clearly developing in a booming market is advantageous, but are there likely to be opportunities in flat markets as well? I live in Hobart which is fairly flat at the moment and certainly doesn’t have the drivers a number of other cities have. My dream is to acquire a site with a dwelling that can be rented and is close to neutral, go through the subdivision process then sell. Do these sites exist?

My risk appetite isn’t overly high so have been reading this forum and doing other research to try and education myself on the process which seems quite complex, even for a basic subdivision.

I was hoping to some experienced members may be able to provide two documents to assist me (and others in a similar situation) get my head around the key parts to a subdivision.

Does anyone have:

1 – A full feasibility spreadsheet that shows all costs and possible costs? Even one that has been used for a small project would be great to get an idea of likely costs.

2 – A checklist of the subdivision process including all steps up until the finished product (whether vacant land or 1 lot build).

There may be a post hiding somewhere with this information so if anyone could point me in that direction it would be appreciated.

Any other suggestions/input also very welcome.

Robbo

• This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Profile photo of Robbo03 Robbo03.
    Profile photo of Hot StuffHot Stuff
    Participant
    @hot-stuff

I would be interested in seeing some replies to this….

Profile photo of Robbo03Robbo03
    Participant
    @robbo03

Very helpful forum obviously.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.