All Topics / General Property / Opinion on Investing In Drysdale, Victoria

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of AjaxAjax
    Participant
    @tijua

I was hoping to get some opinion from you on some of the property am looking to invest in. I have been approached by a company called “Australasian Investment Group” and have advised me to invest in a property in Drysdale, Victoria. A 21 Sq house on an approximately 488 Sqm of land for roughly AUD 402,000.00.
    They advised me that this is a good capital growth area with good rental yields.
    Can you please advise me your opinion on this investment, if I had to go further?

Thanks
    Tiju

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Ajax,
    A quick look at realestate.com.au tells me that Drysdale’s median price is around $400k and that rental returns tend to be around 4%. This varies with size of house and land though, so more needs to be done ahead of making a choice. I have no knowledge of the likely capital growth of Drysdale so no help there.

What I would say is that a quick look at AIG seems to indicate they may be selling new properties only, and that might not be what you want/need.

Furthermore, do take a look at my reply to another member who was considering using an “investment company” to guide their steps:-
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/5023872-property-investment-firms-advice-needed-please/#post-5023875

Are AIG “good dudes” or “bad dudes”? I have no idea – but their actions will show their nature !! ;)

Benny

Profile photo of AjaxAjax
    Participant
    @tijua

Hi Benny,

Thankyou for your detailed response which was quiet helpful.

Are you able to suggest any buyers agent whom I can approach.

Regards

Ajax

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Ajax,

Are you able to suggest any buyers agent whom I can approach.

You could try contacting JacquiM who is a member of this forum. I don’t know much about her, except that she appears to be quite helpful in many posts, and that she is a Buyers Agent based (I believe) in Melbourne.

You might receive replies from others who can help too….

Benny

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.