All Topics / General Property / Investing in Frankston or Brisbane

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Duane RekDuane Rek
    Participant
    @duanerek

Hi
    I’m looking to invest up to 350k either in Brisbane or Frankston
    Any thoughts?
    Being from Victoria I’d probably buy through an Estate Agent in Frankston whereas I’m thinking of using a Buyers Agent in QLD.
    I’ve made contact with Ben from Pumped on Property and his rates are pretty good. He suggests looking North of Brisbane instead of South.
    Has anyone used Ben? and what are the prospects of Brisbanes’ Northern suburbs eg. Acacia Ridge
    I’m after Capital Growth in both. Unit or House in Frankston?
    Been told to keep well away from Frankston North but surely must gentrify in the future

Profile photo of CodieCodie
    Participant
    @codie

I too have recent ally been speaking with Ben, very helpful guy. Had the same sort of advice, however more to buy past the BCC and in the mortenbay area, on a larger 600+ block, so a granny flat can be added. There is a lot of building happening just north of Brisbane.

Acacia ridge is 15km south of Brisbane CBD, I thought about this area also as my office is close, however is going through decent growth at the moment, I believe over 10% & counting in the last 12months, so would need to get in quick and anything at $350k needs a Reno.

Profile photo of JPromoJPromo
    Participant
    @jennyd

The Council in the Moreton Bay region changed their town planning rules on Feb 1st regarding adding a Unit/Granny flat. We managed to get our plans certified on our sons property just before then. The rule from Feb 1 is that you can still build a granny flat but unlike before you now have to have an association with the people renting the unit e.g. family. Also they have tightened up on adding carports at the front of properties.

You would need to check with Council in your area now. Hope this helps!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.