All Topics / General Property / Would you recommend property styling for a rental?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of LenkaLenka
    Participant
    @lenkat

I am about to renovate a rental property and wanted to know if I should allow any budget for property styling for photos that will be used for advertising. The property will be rented unfurnished.
    Does anyone have any experience and can estimate the impact on rent and/or people’s interest to view the rental property?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I wouldn’t.

If selling a property – then yep, it can be worth it.

For renting – I wouldn’t bother. It’s a cost that can be avoided – and I doubt you’d command more rent by doing so.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of LenkaLenka
    Participant
    @lenkat

Thank you for your input Jamie.

Profile photo of Tracey BTracey B
    Participant
    @tracey-b

For our units in our area it’s definitely worth it – especially as we have some basic furniture that we put there ourselves. Any units shown to prospective tenants furnished are re-let in a much shorter time frame than if they are shown unfurnished.

Participant
    @lenkat

Thank you Tracey, that’s good to know.

Profile photo of MikeMike
    Participant
    @mikesonthemic

For all of my properties (they’re in London) we stage imor furnish them, especially after renovation. It’s a ridiculously high demand market but they have all rented the same day as advertised to good tenants at above market rate. I think it depends on where the properties are.

Profile photo of Steve_HSteve_H
    Participant
    @stevehank

I just renovated a unit in SA and took the property managers advise that it was not worth staging. If renovated, it will be substantially more appealing than anything else on offer. Sure enough he had 4 applications at the first open and the tenant moved in 4 days later. Saved me $1600

Participant
    @lenkat

Thank you Mike and Steve_H for your replies. I will add this question to my list to ask the property manager:-)

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi @lenkat

As the others have pointed out, the answer is usually no. However if you really want it staged just for pics, one option is using one of those virtual staging mobs. They superimpose furniture etc into the pics. Some companies appear to do the photography with the staging as an extra, and some do just the staging. Here is one ; http://www.virtualfurniture.com.au

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @lenkat

Hi Jacqui,

OMG that’s ingenious and such an affordable option without carting furniture in and out of the property!
    Thank you for sharing.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Definitely wouldn’t bother – the rental scene isn’t that tight in most areas to be necessary.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of brecciasoundingbrecciasounding
    Participant
    @brecciasounding

Yes, the property or a house for rental is not that necessary to be furnished with things inside. Otherwise, it could have been that way if the house or place is for recreation like a beach house or a property for commercial purposes.

Participant
    @lenkat

Thank you for your comment Corey and Breccia.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.