All Topics / Help Needed! / partial demolition of house on subdividable block

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of zopmzopm
    Participant
    @zopm

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience doing a partial demolition of a house on a subdividable block. For example, you have a subdividable block, and there is a house not in the middle, but say 2/3 of the way across on the lot, you want to free up one of the lots as a clear block of land – so cutting up and removing a proportion of the house and recladding, gyprocking etc so the house now sits cleanly on one block, with a clear block of land on the other. Sure, you might have a 2 bedder instead of a 3 now, but I can live with that if the values work.

I’ve looked into moving the whole house across the one lot, but the costs of moving a house 5 metres or whatever start to get very expensive very quickly. So I’m interested in hearing any experiences of partial demo and minor reno to get the house back to its usable state.

Any thoughts or experience?

• This topic was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of zopm zopm.
    Profile photo of ABAB
    Participant
    @ameetvbhat

Wow exactly what I am planning to do and the question I had in mind @zopm….Very interested in the responses to follow…my first one as well so unfortunately no hands on experience with it as yet….I have a town-planner involved who’s sort of guiding me with the process…hoping the have the project complete before End of year.

Profile photo of zopmzopm
    Participant
    @zopm

Thanks AB. I was sure others would have considered it or have done it. I sent you a Private Message.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by Profile photo of zopm zopm.
    Profile photo of ABAB
    Participant
    @ameetvbhat

Thanks Zopm I just replied to your PM. I am keeping a close eye on this thread…hoping to get some answers :)

Profile photo of R scottR scott
    Participant
    @rsco

it sounds like a simple task, but I would be worried as to the final cost of the project, depending on the roof shape you might have to totally have to rebuild the top of the house, depending on age an what you want to do with it when all done it could be worth knocking it down, (or getting someone else to remove it) and building a new place/townhouses/units.
    out of interest what was the quote to move it a few meters?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.