All Topics / Help Needed! / Where does a townhouse sit in the median value price

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JDJD
    Participant
    @trojan73

Hi all.
    I am confused. Must admit it doesn’t take much these days. So the median price for houses and units that we see everywhere for a suburb. Does a townhouse sit in the houses or units median price?
    Cheers
    JD

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi JD,
    I didn’t answer earlier, as I don’t know for sure – but I would think that a townhouse should appear under “houses”.

My rationale for thinking that is simply because townhouses are mostly built “in a row, on the ground” (not up three levels as is a unit) and these houses each own the land they sit on. With a unit, that is not the case.

Could I be wrong? Hell yes !! But if someone knows I am, please respond with a little more illumination on the subject. Thanks,

Benny

Profile photo of JDJD
    Participant
    @trojan73

Thanks Benny.
    Yes it’s one of those questions that I have always been unable to answer. One answer I have received is it depends on who is doing the values. A townhouse could apear on both. Just had concerns as in my area houses are on the rise in price but units are in the way down. Just had a valuation completed on my town house and it has increased just not as much as I had hoped. So a bit more saving to go before I can start investing.
    I would really like to thanks Corey for his excellent help.
    Corey is one of the brokers on here. He is based in Adelaide and I am
    In Queensland. Nothing was a problem for him. Advise anyone who needs brokerage help to ask him the question.
    Cheers.
    JD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.