All Topics / Finance / casual employment trying to get loan quickly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of huilohuilo
    Participant
    @huilo

so i’ve recently got let go from my job as a carpenter at which i was employed as casual (doing full time hours i was employed for 4-5 months) i had 3 days off and then started with a labour hire company as a carpenter casual doing full time hours have been working for labour hire for only a week now and I do not want to wait another 3 months before i can apply for a loan my question is using a 20% deposit and having good/great credit history what would be the likelihood of being approved through CBA?

also would it be smarter to jump ship into a job that i’d be employed as full time? as it’s my understanding that if you’re employed full time it would be possible to get finance straight away with cba.

all the jobs i’m talking about is in the same industry.

Cheers, Huilo

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Very very very limited chance of getting it through – essentially its against their policy, so you’re reliant on the policy being ignored as an exception.

Considering you only had 4-5 months in the previous role, I doubt they will accept this, or any other lender. 3 months in current role is quite reasonable, compared to many other lenders requiring 6-12 months in the same role before they would accept the income.

If you went into a fulltime role it would be very simple for the finance to be approved.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of huilohuilo
    Participant
    @huilo

Hi Corey

so in my situation 4-5 months at job A casual employment full time hours

2 weeks at labour hire casual employment full time hours

if next week i got a new job as a full time employee (etc paid holidays public holidays…)

i would be able to get finance after my first week / payslip?

wouldn’t the 2 weeks employment look extremely bad?

Cheers, Huilo

Profile photo of PatrickPatrick
    Participant
    @hardyards

I went from a full time job to a new full-time job – CBA made me wait for the 3 month period (only had to wait a few weeks and get a letter from my employer) at my new job before they would give us the loan.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Sounds like a tough deal to get approved – if anyone is going to do it though – it’s probably CBA.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.