All Topics / Help Needed! / Strata Subdivision of an existing townhouse development

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BrettBrett
    Participant
    @jimchap131

Hi everyone,

I have a question for any builders that lurk this forum…

There is an old block of 4 1 bed units for sale in my area, they’re all on the same title.

Sue to the age of the building I’m assuming there will be no fire/party separation wall between the units which is required if the units are to be strata subdivided.

Question is: is it possible to install a fire/party wall in an existing building, or is this not possible.

There are two common walls in the property..

Thanks in advance.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Dependent on the property – it can be possible. Always best to get a quotation however, as it can be costly if the design doesn’t easily allow for it.

It’s quite common for some investors to buy single title units, put in fire walls and then title for the equity gain.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

It ain’t about age it is about construction type. If they are gyprock or asbestos it is gonna cost a bit to install fire proof board in place, if double brick or concrete blocks then this should satisfy BCA requirements (but check for yourself please!) remember you need to get fire separation all the way to the roof covering (kissing the underneath of the tin in the roof). A good surveyor/town planner in your area should be able to assist with an assessment. It may or may not be worth doing pending the amount you spend, run your numbers carefully.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.