All Topics / Help Needed! / Investment in Melton

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of AjayAjay
    Participant
    @ajay2016

Hi There,

I am new to this forum.
    I am planning to invest about 200-250 in property. Any advise.

I have seen few big lots in this price range in Melton area. is it a good place to invest. Please give your advise.

Regards,
    Ajay

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi there – I don’t see Melton as a good place to invest, maybe to live if that suits you however to invest there are better options and $250k is on the light side even for melton.

You would want to look at a higher price – are you planning to borrow to invest?

It comes down to your strategy, however melton has not produced for the last 5 years, i can pull out the RP Data stats if you like.

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of AjayAjay
    Participant
    @ajay2016

Hi,

Thanks for replying.
    Yes I am planning to borrow to invest.
    I am looking few properties on Real estate site and found few properties listed with in this range.

Can you please get RP data?

Any suggestion for the area that I can plan to invest in this price range.

Thanks
    Ajay

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Ajay,
    Welcome to Property Investing website!! Good to hear you are planning to invest – would you share with us your plan?

e.g. are you looking for positive geared older property? Or is negative geared OK if Equity jumps are likely? Houses, units, or either? Big land requirement? Are you OK to renovate? Buying in cities only, or are Regional towns OK?

With many starting out, their first moves can be limited by circumstance – in your case, you appear to have a ceiling of $250k. Is this a borrowing ceiling, or part of a considered plan to buy cheaply for Income (a la Steve in 1999)?

The more we know of “what you are wanting to do”, the better we can provide answers that might suit your situation.

Benny

Participant
    @ajay2016

Hi Benny,

Thanks for the reply. Following is what I am planning.

– I am looking for a property that is +Geared.
    – Should have potential for future subdivision.
    – Hence land size should be around 600.
    – Should have a existing house on it so that I do not have to build straight away. Not looking for renovating.
    – looking in Melbourne’s suburbs with in 50 KM of range from CBD.
    – $250 in the borrowing ceiling.
    – Should have a good renting and future growth opportunity (I think every one wants that).

that is what I am thinking and happy to give more details if any specific detail is required.

Regards,
    Ajay

@benny

Good reply Ajay – that helps immensely. I will now leave it to others, as I have no idea of Melbourne and surrounds, but there are plenty of people on here who do.

Good luck,
    Benny

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Ajay

Welcome to the forums

There are parts of most towns that are fine and parts that are best avoided. The key is to not stumble into buying something that will hinder the progress of your investing.

Either way, while there are properties on the market in Melton for circa $250k, it is unrealistic to expect to find such a property which also happens to be CF+ and offer subdivision potential for this price-tag.

In order to not get caught up in a tangle of trying to find a property that features every property strategy going, try first deciding what the spend limit is (the bank will no doubt decide for you), how much you’re putting down in cash as a deposit (which will contribute towards determining the cash-flow position of the property) and from there decide what areas you can afford, and thereafter what “extras” you can get for your money. For instance, you might need to decide between cash-flow and big land.

Hope this helps :)

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @ajay2016

Thanks for the reply Jacqui.

Can you please suggest which areas in Melton are good in general that have a growth potential?
    Is there any other suggestion to invest 250 in and around Melbourne?

I am planning to put around 25000 of my savings and will take rest from bank.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Ajay

On those figures, a $250k property would need to be fetching $295 per week in rent to nudge its nose into CF+ terrain.

A $250k budget is a house in the outer ring Western suburbs of Melbourne, or a unit closer in (not all suburbs).

You are extremely unlikely to find something in Melbourne for that price that will also be CF+ and also offer development opportunity, and also growth potential. It might be necessary to focus on will be getting a sturdy property that will appeal to tenants.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @ajay2016

Hi Jacqui,

Well I have posted a requirement above. Not necessary that I get everything.

As you were saying before that there are few bad and good area in Melton. can you please give the name of the areas so that I can make the plan accordingly.

Regards,
    Ajay

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Ajay

Not sure you do for a living but I assume you don’t work for free.

Consequently why would you expect any Buyers Agent or Broker to do the same.

When you engage a Professional in any area of business you are paying for their expertise.

Why would you expect them to give you the goodies up front without any form of commitment.

In Qld we certainly wouldn’t even engage in conversation without 50% fee paid.

Appreciate you are a newbie investor and forum member but not sure why you would expect anyone else to do anything to the contrary.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 properties in a decade. Ask me how

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @ajay2016

Hi Richard,
    Thanks for reply.
    Please do not answer my queries if that is against the decorum of this forum. However I do not understand why other members asking me questions if they were not intended to reply and what is the point of this forum anyways.
    Regards,
    Ajay

@benny

Hey Richard,
    That sounds quite harsh…. I had the impression that Ajay was simply conversing with another forum member (JacquiM).

I know Jacqui is a Buyers Agent, and I presume Ajay would have noticed her signature too. But in the context of a forum post and reply, Jacqui appeared to be providing a bit of guidance to a new member. As many on here do (including yourself, from time to time).

So, I am scratching my head over this from you:-

Not sure you do for a living but I assume you don’t work for free.
    Consequently why would you expect any Buyers Agent or Broker to do the same.
    When you engage a Professional in any area of business you are paying for their expertise.
    Why would you expect them to give you the goodies up front without any form of commitment.

Now, if Ajay had showed up at Jacqui’s premises for an appointment, I would tend to agree with you – but he is simply putting questions to the forum for Pete’s sake !!

I don’t see that he has “engaged” Jacqui at all – and Jacqui (like any other forum member) is free to answer as little or as much as she feels is appropriate, given her occupation.

Benny

Participant
    @ajay2016

Thank you Benny, It’s nice to be the part is the forum that value its members and help them out.
    I will anyways engage with property adviser at some point.

@benny

Hi Ajay,

I will anyways engage with property adviser at some point.

Yeah, getting a good team around you is a smart move. This seems like it is early days for you, but do be on the lookout for advisers to work with – you will want them in place before you make your first purchase.

Meanwhile, keep on reading, asking, and researching – as you learn more, the way forward should become apparent,

Benny

Participant
    @ajay2016

Thanks Benny,

Any suggestion on my previous queries will be appreciated.

Regards,
    Ajay

@benny

As I said earlier, I can’t help at all with Melbourne and surrounds – I’m Brissy based, and have only bought in this area.

Maybe look at listing your “must haves” to see if your purchase price can get those. As Jacqui mentioned, you won’t get all of them for $250k, so tell us what MUST be and what can drop off. Or look further out (e.g. regional towns) where you may be able to get ALL of those things for your price. Sometimes, our negotiations need to start with ourselves !! ;)

Benny

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.