All Topics / Help Needed! / Purchasing property from Department of Housing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ediot123ediot123
    Participant
    @ediot123

Has anyone had any experience with purchasing a property owned by the department of housing?

A property has become vacant and I am interested to know whether a property that was leased out by the department of housing can be sold off to a private buyer.

I am keen to find out how easy or difficukt it is to buy from the department of housing and the pros and cons and steps needed to show my interest.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Profile photo of ediot123 ediot123.
    Profile photo of Kate AshmorKate Ashmor
    Participant
    @kateashmor

In Victoria, public housing properties are often sold when no longer required by the government.

Procurement laws require governments to sell properties at public auction for market value.

However, you may wish to contact the property sales area in your State’s Department of Housing to find out if there is a central list, or if you’re able to express an interest in a particular property.

Kate Ashmor | Ashmor Legal Pty Ltd
    http://www.ashmorlegal.com.au
    Email Me

Property Lawyer and Opiner

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Depends on the State – I’ve bought properties from the SA government which they offload periodically. Most States have a system in place for selling off excess/unwanted stock to the public.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of ediot123ediot123
    Participant
    @ediot123

Thanks for your reply guys. What wouod be the best way to get in contact with the right person to show some interest in the property. Is there an email or number to call for nsw?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.