All Topics / Help Needed! / OZ Property Portfolio

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BjoernBjoern
    Participant
    @suoksa

Hi there,

does anybody have any experience with Oz Property Portfolio (http://propertyinabox.com.au/ozpropertyportfolio/)? Their strategy seems to be buying off the plan in areas where CG are still expected.

Thanks for your help!

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

A strategy of buying OTP, suggested by a seller of OTP? Who’d have thought?!

OTP has many hazards, if it’s as simple as buying in areas with expected CG, you can just buying existing stock on the markup without these pitfalls.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Wouldn’t risk buying an OTP property in the current climate.

I believe you can do just as well buying an established property in the right location.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of BjoernBjoern
    Participant
    @suoksa

Thanks for your answers guys.

What would you say are the risks with OTP compared to established? Is it mainly the risk whether it will be a popular place to live in since no one has lived there before? On the other hand you would expect to have less cost for repairs with OTP, I think.

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Bjoern,

What would you say are the risks with OTP compared to established?

Overpaying would be the #1 risk in my opinion. Where a company is selling OTP properties, they set the prices, and each tranche is more expensive then the last – why? Because they say so.

Then, if a greenfield estate, the lack of infrastructure would have to be a biggie too. Down the track, property is very forgiving – and I’m sure your parents, if they bought new OTP way back when, would have seen huge Equity growth. But so too would those who didn’t buy OTP, but instead bought an existing home for a lower price.

On the other hand you would expect to have less cost for repairs with OTP, I think.

Less cost for repairs – yeah, that can be true – and you (arguably) get better Tax Deductions with buying new too. But what you don’t get is any hidden value propositions with your new property. e.g. it will likely be on a small block with no chance for redevelopment into the future. Compare that with buying an older existing house on a large block with a discount to “new price”.

Steve would say “Buy a problem and sell the solution”. By buying new, you are buying the solution instead, with no chance of fixing any problem and getting paid above-the-odds for it – the builder/developer is doing THAT.

Benny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.