All Topics / General Property / Melbourne property valuer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

Hi everybody,

Can anybody recommend a property valuer in Melbourne, preferably south east suburbs that can provide a valuation that would be acceptable by a bank.

I am looking at a property that has acreage in an area that has a lot of residential blocks and comparable sales are very limited. One lender I have spoken to were willing to do a 95% lend but due to the limited comparable sales they would only consider 85% which doesn’t work for me.

Corie

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Corie

The bank you obtain finance with will commission their own valuation.

Best bet is to have a couple of upfront (before submitting an application) valuations done via different banks.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

You have to use the lenders ordered valuations – you cannot use an independently ordered val and have the lender accept it. The exception to this is commercial valuations/loans.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of latexlatex
    Participant
    @latex

Rookie here…. Wouldn’t going to different banks now would hinder his credit score?

Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

Yeah that is fine jamie but it seems all they seem to do is look online these days. I went onto the APM website to perform valuation and their records didn’t even have the address correct. The property I am looking at shows up as last being sold as vacant land 10 years ago. This is the property next door.

Latex I don’t think It wasn’t official application. My broker was having discussions with a lender.

Profile photo of CorieCorie
    Participant
    @corie

Has anyone heard of a probate valuation?

What is a probate valuation?

One of the primary duties of an executor (or administrator) of a will is to value the entire estate, including the deceased’s property. An executor will be required to provide an estimate of the total value of all the assets (property/chattels etc), so that tax liabilities can be correctly assessed. A probate property valuation report is also commonly used to help identify the fair market value of a deceased estate on behalf of the beneficiaries.

Can these be used for finance valuations? Has anyone heard of this being done?

Corie

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.