All Topics / Value Adding / Behind house unit development

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of AdnieAdnie
    Participant
    @adnie

We have just bought a house that we will be doing a quick Reno on and then subdividing the backyard into 2 lots, speaking with our agent today, he found a guy near by to us that has done a subdivision similar to ours, with the house in front and the driveway down the side (no side or rear access) but what he did was cut the driveway into 3 lots of 1m on the titles, ran the connections down each seperate part of the driveway and put each unit on its own title.

This I thought was genius, we priced it up to be more expensive to have 3 seperate services running to each individual house, but we feel that the benefits of not having any common ground or body corporate will get a much better price when it comes to sell.

Has anyone else had any experience with this?

Adnie | Advice Investments
    Email Me

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

A little – I have done Battle Axe style subdivision before, and currently working with a few clients on that specific property type, so helping with due diligence to ensure we buy the right property so that can later do exactly what you have described. It is a great strategy and I encourage you to go for it, as long as you do your research and be patient.

This is one example, client is nearly finished subdivision process for 1 rear block – with a 500m block at front (minimum allowed in this area) the rear block has a 1m service handle plus an access easement on 2m of the front block so the driveway will be 3m wide. He will build (in this case aged care) villas in the back he is a certifier and knows he can get higher density in this particular case. The 1m handles work in some councils, not others, and remember you will need an easement for the benefit of the rear lot.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-nsw-north+nowra-118515839

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.