All Topics / Help Needed! / Glazing Window and Doors Certificate Help

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of JJ10JJ10
    Participant
    @jaydev

I build my IP in Roma with Contract Build who lost their building licence half way through and QBCC finished my construction engaging another building company. I am missing couple of certificates from contract build in order to get Form 21 (Final certificate) from council. 1. Glazing Windows and Doors (form 15) and 2. Surveyor set out / height (Form 16). I do not know who supplied the windows and even QBCC do not know who did the work for windows. I can do retrospective inspection in order to get Surveyor set out / height (Form 16) but for Glazing Window and Doors I do not know what to do.

Can anyone suggest me how to get form 15 for Glazing windows and doors??

Profile photo of PatrickPatrick
    Participant
    @hardyards

Is this a class 1a building?

The form 15 is a design certificate and you shouldn’t need one for glazing and doors in a house. Unless it has something to do with energy efficiency?

Is it your building surveyor requesting this information?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of Patrick Patrick.
    Profile photo of JJ10JJ10
    Participant
    @jaydev

Thanks Patrick,

Sorry for very late response.

This glazing certificate form 15 has been asked by the certifier to get the final certificate from council. Stegbar installed the glass windows and doors to my property but they were not been paid by the original builder that is why they are reluctant to issue a certificate to the owners. I asked them to take money in order to issue the certificate but they are not responding. Is there any other way to get this certificate by retrospective inspection? So far I have asked 2/3 glass suppliers and they denied about getting retrospective certificate.

Any other solution please advise!!!

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi JJ,

Stegbar installed the glass windows and doors to my property but they were not been paid by the original builder

I don’t KNOW, but I would think QBCC should be able to do something here – aren’t they “taking over” to basically make good what the first builder did/didn’t do? I would think that would include making payments to those suppliers who hadn’t yet been paid(??)

That would be where I would go first up. Hopefully others who KNOW might pop up to offer alternatives,

Benny

Participant
    @jaydev

Hi Benny,

QBCC have very vague line of responsibilities in terms of getting final certificates. Although I already contacted QBCC and they tried to resolve the issue but stegbar haven’t changed their decision yet. I still can not understand the reason why but this is the case at this point of time. I do not know what else can be done to resolve this issue?

JJ10

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Profile photo of JJ10 JJ10.
    Participant
    @jaydev

Hi Benny,
    Is there anyway to get private certifier to do retrospective inspection for doors and windows?
    Regards
    JJ10

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi JJ10,

Depending just where this house is, could you try contacting a local glazier. Seems all you need is someone to “rubber stamp” the work done by Stegbar – for a few dollars, or a carton !! ;) Hell, you’d probably pay a goodly amount to have this behind you, wouldn’t you?

But really, I have no blooming idea !! Hopefully one of our members who is in the building trade might be able to step in. Truckloads of luck !!

Benny

PS Is there a “Building Ombudsman”?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.