All Topics / Help Needed! / help!!!!! builder SLOW

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • mim168
    Participant
    @mim168

Hi,
    Building a granny flat behind a rental house near liverpool .Contacted the builder end of May 2015 and that was a delayed process (should have trusted my instinct back then). Signed contract and final plans mid august 2015 and pd 5% deposit on 1/9.
    Since then the only contacts I get from them is if I complain on the phone and someone might reply.The contract says building time approx 3-6 mths.Its already being 2 mths and nothing…I had a few contracts before from granny flat builders and the contracts were all 14 weeks to complete the granny flat.
    Now, this builder not even started after 2 mths.
    The excuses are sick, mother in law sick, staff sick etc etc…
    Am I being too patient or is this normal practice as I have not even seen this builder work as he was recommended by my bank manager..
    I am planning to put complaint with fair trading as I don’t even want to talk or contact them anymore as last time I text them asking what is going on and he said I was rude and insensitive….
    If they can’t start this mth I want my 5% back and don’t want plans etc..I have told them numerous time that I need to notify the tenants in the from of property.

HELP..They are called Artistic Projects Pty ltd. (I wasn’t going to include name but I am rude and insensitive (as text from them) so I don’t care anymore…Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. =)

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Mim,
    Since you mentioned this:-

I have not even seen this builder work as he was recommended by my bank manager..

… is it worth a trip, or phone call, to the Bank Manager. They could be friends, or the BM could have used this group previously for his own purposes. If the former, maybe you can glean a little more (and maybe the BM can lean on this bloke for you). If the latter, perhaps the BM can show you what work the bloke has done, so at least you know if he is worth waiting for.

Not to put heat on the BM, but perhaps he (as the referee for the builder) might WANT to help you out…. Food for thought.

Benny

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.