All Topics / Finance / Loan Structure and which bank ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Cartman123Cartman123
    Participant
    @cartman123

Hi All,
    Long time reader.. first time poster… :)

Need some help and expertise opinions (as read from the vast amount of knowledge on this forum) on how you would structure this.

-Part 1-

Current:-

1) 60K –> PPOR (used of for business Car purchase) (PPOR Value 700K)
    2) 200K –> IP (Valued 400K, and @ 200K equity)

Planned :-

1) Existing 60K (PPOR) –> Existing IP
    2) Existing 200K IP –> remains same
    3) Deposit for new IP –> (60 K) –> Existing IP
    4) New IP –> 240K

All IP loans are I/O Loans, with offset account, redraw.
    3 Splits, 60K , 260K, 240K

Result :-

PPOR = Free Zero Debt
    Existing IP = 320K (borrowed) / 400K (value) = 80% LVR
    New IP = 240K / 300K (Purchase Price) = 80% LVR
    Nill LMI..

What would you do better in the structure ?
    Comments on above structure ?

Part -2-

Existing Bank is WPAC. No cross collateralization. 2 loans one pro package.
    Been looking at Liberty finance, CUA, Adelaide Bank, to take the whole 560K IP Loan setup away from WPAC.
    Idea being the cheapest Interest rate, with the most flexible structure for future IP acquisitions… got No Idea where to go with the recent APRA business. Stick with WPAC, or go elsewhere ?

Any Ideas /suggestions or help on Part -2- ?

Thanks in Advance for any advise/help provided..

Cheers,
    Cartman

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Cartman123 Cartman123.
    Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Consolidating over just for rate isn’t taking into account your long term goals – or prudent long term finance strategy. Are you intending on buying many other properties? If so lender selection needs to be considered a bit more carefully – speak with an investment focussed finance strategist who can look at your scenario holistically, instead of taking stabs in the dark.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Cartman123Cartman123
    Participant
    @cartman123

Are you intending on buying many other properties?

Absolutely, slowly but surely… that is the plan.

Cheers,
    Cartman

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Then get yourself in front of a finance strategist then – otherwise whilst chasing rate, you might put yourself against a wall in terms of having a finance structure which allows you to borrow MORE.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Participant
    @cartman123

Then get yourself in front of a finance strategist then –

I left planning and strategy till the last minute… I know it’s a newbie mistake…:(

The contract’s drawn up for the new IP and I’m out of time… Don’t know if I can stall for much longer..

I was hoping to get some quick help on this forum…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Cartman

Hate to say doing anything in a hurry is usual a fatal long mistake.

Forget Liberty if you need anything done in a hurry as due to the volume of loans they have blown out on delivery time for assessment.

Seems to me like you haven’t really considered where you want to be in the future and that this might merely be a bad aid solution.

It sounds like settling the IP purchase is #1 priority to avoid being in default and then maybe getting things sorted.

In saying that still no reason why you can’t do both things at the same time subject to the settlement date.

With the equity you have in your current property i believe you could obtain a very competitive rate of interest as well structure your loans in a manner to help you move forward when you want to.

In the current climate often a matter of taking what you can get from a lender when you don’t necessarily need it as when you do you might find it is not available.

Plenty of options available from what i can see.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @cartman123

Thanks Richard, appreciate your insight.

With the equity you have in your current property i believe you could obtain a very competitive rate of interest as well structure your loans in a manner to help you move forward when you want to.

I guess it comes down to a question of risks Vs rates. PPOR Equity Vs IP Equity. Which one ?
    Considering worst case.. should the banks decide to recover the house for the mortgages (default), I’d rather they take the IP, then the PPOR any-day / any-time.

thoughts ???

Cheers,
    Cartman

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Cartman,

Considering worst case.. should the banks decide to recover the house for the mortgages (default), I’d rather they take the IP, then the PPOR any-day / any-time.

All the more reason to NOT cross-coll. A Bank with several properties crossed will likely go for the one most likely to provide them their money back – and, in most cases, it is our PPOR’s that have been diligently paid off, NOT the IPs. So more equity available in the PPOR.

In my case, we chose to have our PPOR loans (used as deposits/costs for IPs) with one lender, and IP loans with other lenders. Just our way of keeping the PPOR as safe as possible.

Benny

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Trust me you won’t be the one making the decision on the security they take possession of irrespective if the loans are crossed.

We always recommend a client structure their set up along the lines of what Benny has mentioned.

Should be looking at circa 4.19% for this.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @cartman123

Should be looking at circa 4.19% for this.

Will the loans that are only secured against the PPOR, be at 4.19%? Or the overall rate for all loans be ~ 4.19% including IP, if the PPOR equity is used as the 60k deposit?

Isn’t the idea to keep the two (PPOR and IP) in seperate banks, how will that work at ~4.19% ?

Cheers,
    Cartman

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.