All Topics / Help Needed! / Renters used my house as a day care center

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

Hi,
    QLD Renters used my house as a day care center. They caused over $80k in damages. (21 people living in a 4 bed house).
    We have kicked the tenants out luckily.
    Landlord Insurance will not cover any of the associated damages.
    We are looking to get money back from either Property Managers or Insurance. We believe the Property Manager is liable for the damages as they should have known this is what they were doing at each inspection, considering the tenants had public advertisements on the internet.
    What do you recommend is the best course of action as the agent is claiming its not their fault because they didn’t know.

Please help.

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

how long were the tenants there eg would the property managers have even done an inspection yet?

Why is it that you aren’t going after the tenants to sue them for damages?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of DeanCollins DeanCollins.
    Profile photo of vyaw2003vyaw2003
    Participant
    @vyaw2003

4 years, apparently they cleaned everything out each time they came for an inspection.
    we only found out via a google search on the address.

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

4 years, apparently they cleaned everything out each time they came for an inspection.we only found out via a google search on the address.

Hmmm I find that really really hard to believe you would empty all out each time. Does your agent take photos each year?

I’d keep on pursuing the civil suit.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.