All Topics / Help Needed! / Best way to invest $50K…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of Daryl85Daryl85
    Participant
    @daryl85

Hello,

I am a new user to this forum and a new investor to Australia. I currently have around 50k to invest. Im a big believer that your first investment can either make or break your future portfolio and am therefore looking for some advice, professional or otherwise in the best action to take.

Some questions i have are listed at end of this post, thanks again.

A little bit about me:

Originally from the UK. Im single and debt free. I have been living in OZ for 5yrs in WA.

I have a trade in and work as a Mechanical Fitter, which i no longer really enjoy. Im however soon going to continue my education to become a Quantity Surveyor and eventually i hope to start my own construction firm, while at the same time building my asset portfolio. I am also looking at relocating East Coast as I believe there is more potential for investments as opposed to WA. I.e. Qld, Tas, Vic, NSW, NZ etc.

I spent most of my 20s partying and travelling (hence 1st time buyer) and 2 things happened to me this year that help totally change my focus from travelling/partying, to buying and investing in assets:

1: I turned 30.
    2: I read Robert Kiyosakis’, Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Im aiming for positive CF, buy & hold and possibly renos, units and/or houses.
    Some questions i would like others perspectives on are:

1) What would you do in my situation, with 50k to invest?

2) Should I take advantage of the 1st time buyers loan, as im still only buying my first property as an IP, and dont wish to live in it? (im still happy renting/house sharing).

3) Should i use trusts, in order to build a big portfolio? Steves Mcnights 1st book says you will have trouble aquiring a trust loan if you have debt go your name, i.e. 1st time buyers house.

4) Any tips on how to obtain good deals, i.e. auctions? (when & where to find them).

Thanks in advance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.