All Topics / Help Needed! / Dual Key Properties

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of CathyCathy
    Participant
    @cathy888

I am absolutely new to property investment but have been thinking about buying a dual key property in Brisbane North, Moreton Bay region. I have read about the pros and cons of a dual key home as opposed to a duplex. I am trying to find houses around the 500k mark so that the rent can cover the mortgage repayment. I am thinking about Dakabin and Kallangur because I think there is a potential for capital growth (perhaps) and it should be easy to rent the rooms out. But established properties (duplexes) are hard to find and expensive. Dual key homes (off the plan, new homes), however, are cheaper. But I’m really unsure about building a new dual key home. The quality seems to be really basic and there are not a lot of potential buyers for this type of property. When I look at the capital growth and rental yield, I think that a dual key home ticks the box for rental yield, but I’m not so sure about the capital growth aspect. Any word of advice? Thank you!

• This topic was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of Cathy Cathy.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.