All Topics / Help Needed! / Question for anyone who has gone through the MAP program :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of Sev6968Sev6968
    Participant
    @sev6968

hey people

I Have a question for anyone that has gone through the MAP program.
    In your first year how much PASSIVE INCOME per annum did you create for yourself?
    The goal of the MAP program was to create 1mil in property in 1 year i believe but how much passive income per annum did you manage to create in that year??

Profile photo of D.T.D.T.
    Participant
    @dtraeger

Really Sorry – I was mistaken for another program of similar name.

I’m sure the MAP program is good but haven’t done it myself.

D.T. | DT Property Management
    http://www.dtproperty.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Adelaide Property Management - whole Adelaide metro

Profile photo of Jason StaggersJason Staggers
    Participant
    @jason_staggers

Thanks @dtraeger for clarifying. @sev6968, because Aussie property has become so expensive relative to rents, unless you’re earning a lot of money from your job or business, adding a significant amount of passive income through real estate over a 12 month period is going to be difficult. As you may have read in Steve McKnight’s book, From 0 to Financial Freedom, the blueprint for the current market is to use quick-cash strategies to manufacture growth and build a large capital base. Then you can reinvest your equity into debt-free higher yielding assets, like commercial real estate. Of course, if you have 15-20 years or more to reach your income goal, and you’re a disciplined saver, you can choose a more passive investing approach, like buying and holding positive cash flow properties and hoping the market delivers some of the gains.

Jason Staggers | JasonStaggers.com
    http://jasonstaggers.com
    Email Me

Profile photo of BecsBecs
    Participant
    @becs

Hi there

The MAP program is fantastic. I am graduating this weekend after 12 months of learning. I now have a ‘tool bag’ of strategies for property investing and learnt a lot about what was wrong with the portfolio we had when we started the course. I highly recommend the course for anyone who is serious about being a property investor.

Good luck.

Profile photo of SashaSasha
    Participant
    @sasha-strampic

When the MAP program was on offer it was a no brainer! To mix with like-minded people and to have Steve and Jason guide you it was a small price to pay. It was so good that i joined for another 12 months!

Happy Investing!

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Becs and Sasha,
    Great to hear from both of you as MAP students. I thought Sev’s question was an intriguing one, as the MAP goal was (correct me if I am wrong) to become a “property millionaire” within 12 months. i.e. to have $1m more in assets than you did when you started the course – something like that?

Now, Sev’s question came at it from a different angle – I figure any passive income might be negligible in such “early days” (the first 12 months), but I was prepared to be surprised, as I believe some of the moves made by MAP students were quite “out-of-the-square” and thus COULD have created quite an income (like one person/couple I heard of who rented out shipping containers to tradesmen as storage in a country town). Wouldn’t have been that Passive though, would it?

Anyway, did either of you manage to attain (or even bother to work out) the passive income your efforts generated? Or did you hear of someone else who also did something earth-shattering and made a motza??

Hope you can share – I love success stories,

Regards,
    Benny

Profile photo of CarolynCarolyn
    Participant
    @carolyni

Hi
    I have just completed the MAP program within 12 months after having invested significantly in other property education courses. The level of sophistication of the teaching in the MAP course is greater than any that I have completed. It is not focused on the individual property strategies (such as how to do a reno or a development) but comes from a more systematic approach as an investor as well as key pieces such as investing mindset.

In response to Sev’s and Benny’s question re outcomes. The goal of the program when I started related to $ value of property transactions relating to the group within the year.

For me during the program, the focus has been on repositioning our investments to secure a higher return from a property portfolio that was already of a significant size. The focus of too many other programs is on buying property however they lack the focus on measuring, monitoring and managing performance and determining when to sell. So this is what I have done in the last year – I have systems that are in place so that my investing is now managed as a business; I have sold/ am selling property to redeploy funds to achieve a higher return and I am more confident about what the next property purchases need to achieve to hit my goals. These purchases will be for lump sums and not passive income – I have gone down the passive income route and the speed (low returns) or risk (mining towns) means as Jason has highlighted that it is difficult to achieve a reasonable passive income without a very significant portfolio (or level of risk).

So I didn’t rush out and buy a whole lot more property as a result of doing MAP – but I believe that the changes I am making to the portfolio and how I manage investing through the insights achieved through MAP, will set me up to be a more sustainable investor which is the outcome that I am looking for. This is knowledge that I wish I had when I started investing but I am grateful that I have acquired it now through MAP.

Profile photo of PropertyGutsPropertyGuts
    Participant
    @propertyguts

Steve McKnight = honest, transparent, not a speculators approach so he tell you how it is warts and all.
    I have talked with a few people, who have actually done the MAP course, they all say – great value $$ spent on property education.
    If you want a get rich quick scheme from A to Z, try someone else.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 5 months ago by Profile photo of PropertyGuts PropertyGuts.
    Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Jason,

On a re-read, I picked up on this from you:-

As you may have read in Steve McKnight’s book, From 0 to Financial Freedom, the blueprint for the current market is to use quick-cash strategies to manufacture growth and build a large capital base. Then you can reinvest your equity into debt-free higher yielding assets, like commercial real estate.

Sounds like the MAP program is evolving to suit the times, just as Steve did when his early ways of investing ceased to work as well. I recall his early days in low-cost housing in Ballarat, then he branched into units/motels, then NZ, then the USA, then commercial property. I’m sure there would’ve been more in there too….. my memory is dim….. :p

And to you, the MAP attendees – how has the 2016 course been? Are there stories you can share that show how well things have gone for you? Maybe even some traps that you avoided (or didn’t? eeek!) by having done the MAP program?

What can you share? And thanks in advance…. ;)

Benny

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.