All Topics / Help Needed! / Buying a property without finance pre-approval

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of manolo76manolo76
    Participant
    @manolo76

Hi Everyone i thought to get some help from this knowledgeable forum.
    I just have a look at a property that i am interested in. My financial situation is ok, however i have not done the pre-approval with the lender yet as this was quite unexpected. I was wondering if there is any way to do this buying time until this week to get the mortgage approval. Thanks

Profile photo of Kinnon BellKinnon Bell
    Participant
    @kinnon

Make an offer with (ideally 14-21 day) finance clause which will give you time to seek finance and hopefully gain approval.

You would never get full unconditional approval without a contract of sale – a pre-approval just helps knowing that the lender *might* give you finance but it’s never 100% certain until all their boxes have been ticked.

Kinnon Bell | Kinetic Funding
    http://www.kineticfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage & Personal Loan Broker based in Cairns and Melbourne but servicing clients Australia wide.

Profile photo of FrenchChineseManFrenchChineseMan
    Participant
    @frenchchineseman

I suggest you contact your broker and still go for a pre-approval asap.
    Even if you miss this property, there will be plenty of others available which will suit you well, I’m sure.

Otherwise, if you want to go ahead with a contract of sale, make sure you put it conditional to Finance Approval (otherwise, it’s a big risk for you…)

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

We rarely suggest pre-approvals as necessary or beneficial to the client, except in specific cases. In the industry they are known as sales tools more than a protection to the client – quite a few were voided across a number of lenders with the recent changes in lending rules.

Are you offering subject to finance? Get your broker/an investment savvy broker if you haven’t already to review your financial situation to ensure there isn’t any obvious issues and take it from there.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

You don’t need a preapproval – just make sure your offer is subject to finance.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of manolo76manolo76
    Participant
    @manolo76
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.