All Topics / Help Needed! / First Property. Steering clear of Sydney.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Liana1992Liana1992
    Participant
    @liana1992

Hi all,

I’ve been working hard trying to put together a deposit over the last few years and have got myself into a position to make my first investment. I’m currently living in Sydney and after speaking with many people in the industry and doing my own research i feel the time has come and passed to experience capital growth here at home.

Hello Brisbane.

I’m looking for some advice on where to purchase my first property in Brisbane. The northern suburbs seem to have experienced some good growth and i’m in the market for a 3 bedroom home around the 500-600k mark. Arana Hills/Everton Park seem to be areas which offer good rental yields, high rental demand and have median prices within my ballpark. Can anybody help with some further information about whether these suburbs and strong/viable options?

My ultimate goal is long term capital growth with good rental return which will help me to build up some equity and get the ball rolling in the near future with (hopefully!) further investments.

Liana

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

I can suggest NOT to take any free advice as it has cost me a lot of money during my property journey ,I can suggest or recommend a coach to you if you are interested , People buying their first home is good but the journey doesn’t stop there ,somebody has to pay that mortgage.do you want to pay it off in 30 years or less .Life is not meant to be paying mortgage. So get a good coach and build your Team .

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of APOLO APOLO.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Profile photo of APOLO APOLO.
    Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Totally agree Apolo.

We see forum clients every day of the week who have gone off randomly buying in an area or region without every understanding their end goal.

They think they know why or where they want to buy but then suddenly realise that perhaps the didn’t need to spend that such or indeed purchased for capital growth without any consideration for cash flow and now find they cannot service further borrowings.

A property investment plan has several phases from acquisition to accumulation to draw down etc and thrse have too be carefully thought thru to ensure they meet your needs along the way.

Buying and selling is not cheap so you want to try and get it right.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.