All Topics / Help Needed! / First time!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of JessikaJessika
    Participant
    @jess1234

Hey everyone, in the last few months I’ve become really interested in property investing,I’ve read several books however none tell you where to start! I want to purchase my first property..what is the best option,a house with a big block to potentially knock down and build,a townhouse/unit or a apartment? (To rent) most long term growth.

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hiya

It depends on your strategy and demographics for the area. In certain areas – apartments/townhouses are the norm. Likewise with detached houses in certain areas.

If you’re look to develop/extend then a house is the way to go. If you’re looking for less maintenance – an apartment is generally better.

There’s heaps to consider. Personally for me – I stick with houses. You can do more to them (develop, extend, etc) and you’re not dealing with body corps.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of #Planning Permit#Planning Permit
    Participant
    @planning

Adding value is the best way to grow. Find a property with a big backyard where you can build one or more additional houses. Or find a corner site or one with a wide frontage where the local council may allow a side by side duplex. Its great fun as long as you know what to look for. Feel free to contact me direct or read the other posts on Property Investing I wrote on finding good subdivision site criteria. And watch out for covenants on title. It might restrict development!

#Planning Permit | AuArchitecture
    http://www.auarchitecture.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Subdivision expert with 250 planning permits approved by Melbourne Councils

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.