All Topics / Value Adding / SBO overlay

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of newandkeennewandkeen
    Participant
    @newandkeen

It seem every time I find a property I like with subdivision potential in my price range it has SBO special building overlay, either all over it or down the street on which it sits.

Could someone please give me an indication of what this is going to mean in terms of what it might involve and what the additional costs might be estimate?

Profile photo of #Planning Permit#Planning Permit
    Participant
    @planning

Hi, I asume you are looking at property in the Melbourne area. If that is the case the SBO in simple term means there is a chance the site may flood. Usually that information was imposed by Melbourne Water and I have found local councils have their own SBO which unfortunately may not be on the Land CHANNEL MAP!!!

#Planning Permit | AuArchitecture
    http://www.auarchitecture.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Subdivision expert with 250 planning permits approved by Melbourne Councils

Profile photo of #Planning Permit#Planning Permit
    Participant
    @planning

Hi, I asume you are looking at property in the Melbourne area. If that is the case the SBO in simple term means there is a chance the site may flood. Usually that information was imposed by Melbourne Water and I have found local councils have their own SBO which unfortunately may not be on the Land CHANNEL MAP!!!

if there is a SBO it means the floor levels- even of garages and carport (and in seriously affected sites even the driveway) is set on the specified floor level to AHD. In normal instances it is set at about 300mm above the naturtal ground level. It also means getting approval for basement parking could be problematic.

There is more to finding a good subdivision site as sometimes the overlays and schedules can create challenges. You may wish to read my other poss on the ultimate subdivision site in Property Investing. Or feel free to contact me direct.

Happy hunting! The opportunities are there.

#Planning Permit | AuArchitecture
    http://www.auarchitecture.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Subdivision expert with 250 planning permits approved by Melbourne Councils

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.