Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ChattawayChattaway
    Participant
    @specha

Hello,

I am wondering wether this is true. I have heard that in SA stamp duty is calculated off of the purchase price and not the value. Is this correct as I am running figures on a favourable purchase. Thanks

Profile photo of ScottsdaleScottsdale
    Participant
    @scottsdale

The amount of stamp duty you are required to pay is assessed on the purchase price or the market value of the property at the date of settlement, whichever is the greater.

https://www.revenuesa.sa.gov.au/generic-pages/i-am-a-property-ownerbuyer

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Stamp duty is always paid on the amount of consideration rather than the valuation amount.

Imagine if the State Govts only being able to be charge duty on valuation amounts. In parts of Sydney / Melbourbe where valuations don’t stack up on Off The Plan properties they wound go broke !!!

Cheers

Yours in Finsnce
    0-40 properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

I am wondering wether this is true. I have heard that in SA stamp duty is calculated off of the purchase price and not the value.

That’s right.

The exception being if you purchase from a friend/family at less than market value. In those instances – you’ll need to carry out a valuation for duty purposes.

If building a property – duty is charged on the land value (not the entire land + construction costs).

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.