All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Is this possible?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of ChattawayChattaway
    Participant
    @specha

Hello, firstly I appreciate any advice you could give me on this matter.

My gf wants to buy a house she is renting off of her parents. She wants to buy it as her principal place of residence. She is however being relocated because of her work and will not be in a position to buy it until after she has already moved. Will she be able to buy whilst up there and class as por whilst renting it out to tenants as per the 6 year policy?

Many thanks

Profile photo of ChattawayChattaway
    Participant
    @specha

Ok, from what I’ve investigated it seems that if you buy a property and immediately rent it out then it can’t be considered your por. if she could she would buy the property without tenants already in, even for one week and put herself in a position where she can demonstrate she has lived there or there is an intention to live there. Alas, she is renting it currently off her parents and as soon as she leaves, her parents will want tenants in. 12 month lease means it would be potentially nov/Dec next year before vacant again and therefore a good time to buy. That being said, as she rents there now, her driving license, post, bills etc etc all corresponds to this being her home. Can this not be used as evidence to put forth after purchase with tenants in that it is her por? Just a thought.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.