All Topics / Help Needed! / Suggestion for a good BA in Melbourne and Brisbane

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MohibMohib
    Participant
    @mohi785

Hi Everyone, we r thinking of buying IP in Melbourne and may b in Brisbane (not sure yet). As we r from Sydney, not much local knowledge other than from online research, this forum reading etc, hence a good BA would b handy.
    I have read topics in this regards here and noted down few suggestions but many suggestion went via sms.
    It would b great if someone could post their recent experience with BA found from this forum.
    If a recommendation has to b via sms, can I request those recommendations via sms too?
    I want to buy IP most possibly in Melbourne, preferably house, within 30 km of city centre, with an expectation of positively geared property, budget around $350k.
    If everything works well then planning to do the same with SMSF.
    Thanks for ur cooperation.
    Regards.
    Mohi785

Profile photo of #Planning Permit#Planning Permit
    Participant
    @planning

look for a property you can add value to- like dual occ or triple occ to ensure positive cashflow. Werribee, Geelong are good areas for high rental returns.

#Planning Permit | AuArchitecture
    http://www.auarchitecture.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Subdivision expert with 250 planning permits approved by Melbourne Councils

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hello there – Welcome to the forum.

Not entirely certain you need a BA if you have done your reading and knowledge. Not sure its a great idea to entice SMSF either, you may get a barrage.

May be easier just to discuss your scenario – what are you trying to achieve? what is your borrowing power? what type of property are you trying to buy?

You may start with a discussion with a broker to determine your borrowing power, this will then determine your purchase price and highlight any obstacles on your road to success.

From their, formulate the strategy – what type of property do we want? what is the time frame?

Then if you have are still scratching your head then approach a buyer agent.

To success – Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Where abouts in Brisbane are you looking and what are you looking to spend.

We have acted for well over 100 forum clients in helping them buy in Brisbane and focus on a combination of yield and Capitsl growth,

Both my partner and I built our multi million dollar property portfolios thru a combined strategy of returns including vendor finance, subdivisions and capital add on’s and work with our clients on a similar basis.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of MohibMohib
    Participant
    @mohi785

Hi Richard, Ivan and PP

thanks for your respond, much appreciated.

I actually did a review of my financial situation with one of the Fin Adv company and also talked to my mortgage broker and it all points that I should invest in Property in and outside super (property because I do not understand much investing in share market, so I want to avoid it) and I have borrowing capacity in both option.

That is why I’m doing a bit research how can I purchase property for both option and I never had an investment property before.
    I didn’t setup my SMSF yet because there are some things that I need to understand and figure out and make my decision, whether I should do on my own:
    1. setup SMSF with an independent Accountant/Fin Company
    2. organise an independent BA to find property within my budget or find property on my own(which is time consuming, lots of research and also need to find conveyance/solicitor service who can deal outside NSW etc.)
    or
    3. I should go for a one-stop fin company who will do all these above including finding property, help in purchase process with a one-off cost and ongoing cost that will service SMSF and support in overall investment service/Advice etc. But I’m finding the on-going cost is not small.

I am now trying to find information for option 1 and 2 so that I can measure what would be better for me in terms of cost-effectiveness ?

Not sure about a cost of a reputable BA, but I know that this is the most important and hard part among my tasks and if I find one, then I could take care of the independent SMSF and Accounting part, as there are many options these days.

If anyone could help with information, that would be very helpful.

Richard,
    I do not know what suburb in Brisbane yet but most possibly I will look for in Melbourne first and then Brisbane and had I decide to go for Brisbane, I will definitely contact you. Its a shame you do not do Melbourne.
    But all this, if I do not give up and do not go for option#3, which I want to take time and do a bit research?

Thanks again and regards,
    Mohib785

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Mohib

We maybe able to help you with more than just the BA part of the equation.

My partner Jacqui (JacM) is Melbourne based and can probably assist you with some suggestions.

I am overseas for a couple of weeks so feel free to give the office a call and the phone will divert thru to Jacqui.

Hope this helps and look forward to chatting.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.