Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of TWTW
    Participant
    @thaiw

Hi Everyone,

New member here plundering all the useful info in these forum pages! To everyone who has contributed to the forum past and present.. a big thank you from me.

I’ve tried property investing in the past with mixed results using the old ‘hold and hope method’. I did absolutely no research at all and basically just picked a place and bought it (because property always goes up haha). I had no plan or strategy. Luckily I didn’t lose it all! Since stumbling across this website and reading Mr McKinight’s book ‘0 to Financial Freedom..’, I have been inspired to start again.

I have a question about researching data. Where are the best sources of info for things like vacancy rates, unemployment rates, clearance rates etc? Thanks in advance.

Thai.

Profile photo of Wct01Wct01
    Participant
    @gavin1111

I subscribe to RPData mainly. Also use the free stuft such as the back of property magazies and DSR Data, I don’t like the ABS because they only collect stats every 5 years.

Profile photo of TWTW
    Participant
    @thaiw

Thank you Gavin, I’ll check them out.

Profile photo of justp3achyjustp3achy
    Participant
    @justp3achy

Hi Thai,

I’m also a newbie and have the same question. I have been referring to this information – http://www.yourinvestmentpropertymag.com.au/top-suburbs. Is this generally considered reliable?

Sue

Profile photo of TWTW
    Participant
    @thaiw

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the link. I think that is what Gavin was referring to as ‘back of property magazines’ which seems quite useful. I’m unsure how reliable they’d be but I don’t think they would be publishing dodgy figures which could harm their reputation. Anyway that whole website seems to contain some useful articles and things. Cheers.

Thai

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes both are useful areas for research but nothing like being Jonny on the spot and using some useful local knowledge.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 properties in a decade. Ask me how.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.