All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to invest for $250K?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of PropertyRoperyPropertyRopery
    Participant
    @aquinn

Where should I start researching with a budget of $250K? Bear in mind, I already have IP’s in QLD and NSW. Thanks

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Howdy,

Where you should invest is determined by much more than just budget. What are your goals? What is the property supposed to do for you or your portfolio? What kind of strategies/techniques have you employed to get this far? All this will alter what you should buy next in my view.

Matt

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of PropertyRoperyPropertyRopery
    Participant
    @aquinn

Thanks Matt. My goal is to have enough income to leave the workforce so I need to purchase as many properties as possible. I think after this purchase I will hit a wall serviceability wise, so I’ll probably need something cash flow positive. Cheers

Participant
    @knightm

Ok, and are you already paying land tax in QLD and NSW? I couldnt tell if you were saying you want more in NSW and QLD or if you want to diversify away from those states.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of PropertyRoperyPropertyRopery
    Participant
    @aquinn

No I’m not in land tax territory as of yet – I think I’m a ways off. Happy to go to any state.

Participant
    @knightm

Ah ok. Lower risk +cf options in NSW for that price I would say either major diverse regional like Dubbo or Albury just ensure you don’t pick a town with a high vacancy rate. For lower cash flow but more growth something coastal within few hours of Sydney in either direction. Down my way I have done a few under 250k this yr though they are getting more rare. Units in tweed are an option, or in QLD the logan/beenleigh/gold coast stretch is pretty safe. Otherwise Adelaide suburbs if you want a 3rd state.

Avoid small and mining towns unless you really really understand what is going on. Much higher risk of extended vacancies.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    Email Me | Phone Me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.