All Topics / Help Needed! / Engineering/structural plans

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of JoeyJoey
    Participant
    @joey9

Hi, I’m in the process of purchasing my first investment property. I have signed the intention to purchase and contracts are ready to sign. I have requested a set of engineering and structual plans to look over before going ahead. I have been told I can not get these job specifics until the job goes unconditional, is this process normal?

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Hi Joey,

Is this for existing or new? If its existing you can get a building inspection done to ensure integrity of the structure. If its new I would have concerns about a builder who was unwilling to show me the plans. If they are worried about duplication or copyright breach then offer to look at hard copy plans in their office they shouldn’t have any objections to that. If in fact it is new and off the plan have you thought through why you are buying and what it will offer you? Many folks go in a bit blind on those I find.

Regards
    Matt

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.