All Topics / Value Adding / Free for removal

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BullenBullen
    Participant
    @frogmrose

Hi I know of a weatherboard ex community centre in the greater Hobart area that the local council has told the owners they must move. I have been in contact with the owners and they want $4000.00 for the building but will refund the $4000.00 if the block is left tidy. I have absolutely no experience (just a growing interest) in property apart from buying my own home. Anyone like to share any ideas? Free just seems too good to pass up. Right?

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

You would need somewhere to move it to… together with council permits. As a first port of call, ring the council relating to the block you intend to move it to. Other obvious costs are for the house removal guys, and tradespeople at the other end to put it back together (especially plumbers).

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Bullen -in the spirit of sharing I would suggest to stay clear of relocating a home for a first project. There a too many potential problems to list. Once the building arrives there is usually a lot more renovation work than expected.

An alternative would be to buy a property below bank valuation and renovate. It will be much easier to finance. Budgeting the renovation will be more accurate as well.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of BullenBullen
    Participant
    @frogmrose

Thanks for the welcomed feedback. Much appreciated.

Profile photo of Karl_DKarl_D
    Participant
    @karl-desouza31

Hi Don,

Sorry for hi-jacking this thread in advance but my question is how can i buy a property below bank valuation?

I have just sold an apartment for a little loss and am looking at regaining with a subdivision but only have limited funds at around $80K. Been looking at other options to build a portfolio.

Cheers,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.