All Topics / Finance / To fellow Mortgage Brokers, do you operate cross-state?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of MarcthefinancebrokerMarcthefinancebroker
    Participant
    @benchmarc

Hi Team,

Just wondering how you guys handle enquirers from other states across aus.

Do you refer them on, travel to the client or try operate over skype/email etc.

For bonus points, anyone have any insight on the best state to be a mortgage broker in, or at least to base yourself? I imagine heated property markets and greater population would be an advantage (Melbs, Syd, Bris) but at the same time there would also be more competition.

Any insight or someone that can draw on their own personal experience would be appreciated beyond comprehension.

Cheers,

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Marcus

Yes interstate and worldwide.

I am currently over in the UK seeing some a number of our forum clients and have visited many of our clients in Singapore & Dubai.

I regularly visit clients in VIC & NSW although i do have a partner in Melbourne.

Can’t comment which is the best State to operate in as i have always lived in QLD since i arrived from the UK in the mid 90’s.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Email me for a copy of my API interview.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

Same as Richard, we have clients all over Australia, US, UK, Europe, Asia etc.

Haven’t had any penguins from Antarctica yet – but we’ll keep an eye out. :)

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Kinnon BellKinnon Bell
    Participant
    @kinnon

Same here, clients all over. Skype, email, phone, text message, in person – whatever suits the client with their preferred communication method.

Think average loan size too per location – Sydney’s average would be a lot higher than Adelaide’s.

Kinnon Bell | Kinetic Funding
    http://www.kineticfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage & Personal Loan Broker based in Cairns and Melbourne but servicing clients Australia wide.

Profile photo of MarcthefinancebrokerMarcthefinancebroker
    Participant
    @benchmarc

Fantastic, thanks for all the input guys!

Hi Marcus

Yes interstate and worldwide.

I am currently over in the UK seeing some a number of our forum clients and have visited many of our clients in Singapore & Dubai.

I regularly visit clients in VIC & NSW although i do have a partner in Melbourne.

Can’t comment which is the best State to operate in as i have always lived in QLD since i arrived from the UK in the mid 90’s.

Cheers

Yours in Finance
    0-40 Properties in a decade. Email me for a copy of my API interview.

<i class=”rw-ui-like-icon”></i>0<i class=”rw-ui-dislike-icon”></i>0

<i class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-outer-nub” style=”border-right-color: rgba(153, 153, 153, 0.498039);”></i><i class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-inner-nub” style=”border-right-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></i>Rate this

truly an international broker!

Same here, clients all over. Skype, email, phone, text message, in person – whatever suits the client with their preferred communication method.

Think average loan size too per location – Sydney’s average would be a lot higher than Adelaide’s.

<i class=”rw-ui-like-icon”></i>0<i class=”rw-ui-dislike-icon”></i>0

<i class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-outer-nub” style=”border-right-color: rgba(153, 153, 153, 0.498039);”></i><i class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-inner-nub” style=”border-right-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”></i>Rate this

fair point re: loan size, cheers!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.