All Topics / Help Needed! / Subdivision / Town Planning / Development Query

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99

Hello
    Im looking at buying a IP with subdivision potential, hopefully an additional 2 x dwellings (i.e. duplex) and keeping the front house as well. I have my eye on a place in Moorabool shire on 920sqm, the house is 4 bedrooms and set to the front of the yard with enough side access (>3m) down the side of the house which is currently built in like a annex and shed/garage at the end of the annex. So this would need to be removed to make the access nice and easy to the back yard, so the garage would need to be moved….maybe to the front of the house as a carport. My main issue is that there is a easement .

It is an easement of 1.84m along the northern boundary of the property, the length of sewer within the easement is 1.84m long.
    The Size of the main is 150mm RC
    The Depth of the main is approx. 2.35m deep.
    The Offset from the West boundary varies from 9.28 to 10.14m

Do you think its possible to still do the additional 2 dwellings at the rear, I understand I will need to do a build over app with Western Water and also Council, but trying to get advice to whether this is all possible before making a offer.

Cheers
    DM

Profile photo of #Planning Permit#Planning Permit
    Participant
    @planning

Hi DM, Good news is ita a 150mm dia sewer so you need to stay 1m away from the sewer. You say the sewer is about 10m from a boundary- Use that space for the Private Open Space if design allows. The new Regs say the driveway must be a min. 3m wide and windows facing it need to be treated for privacy. Would love to help you.

#Planning Permit | AuArchitecture
    http://www.auarchitecture.com.au/
    Email Me | Phone Me

Property Subdivision expert with 250 planning permits approved by Melbourne Councils

Profile photo of dangermouse99dangermouse99
    Participant
    @dangermouse99

Yeah I Thought that was the case. Apparently I need to do a build over application if I get close to that 1m limit with Western water and Council. The drive way is easily 3m, its currently enclosed within an annex but it could be easily unbolted and pull downed. Just need to work out where to put the garage as that is at the end of the driveway. Do you honestly think we used that back part as POS that there is still enough room to build a duplex.
    Thanks so much for your help.
    Cheers
    Dean

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.