All Topics / Finance / Best Property Accountants

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of kristykristy
    Participant
    @kristymckee12

Hi All,

I’m just starting out in property investment and would like to put together a plan/strategy. After reading a few negative reviews of Buyers Agents, I’m thinking I might see a property investment accountant for a plan instead. If anyone has recommendations of companys they have used, that would be great!

Thanks,
    Kristy

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hey there – see a broker first – determine your borrowing power and let that start the planning and develop a strategy. The accountant will help you from the tax perspective. After you have been through the broker, chat the property person or even better read up and have some fun finding your property. The “hunt” takes time, patience and knowledge, so have a go.

Cheers, Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Kristy

As already mentioned, and just to re-iterate what Redwood said – an accountant is for tax perspective, not investment strategy. It’s a bit confusing knowing who to talk to and who knows what when you’re getting started, but you will eventually find you’ve assembled a team you are comfortable with that are saying things that you are able to understand, and make sense when you sit down and validate the numbers and common-sense element of what they’re saying. When you have that, you’ll feel a great deal more confident in every step you take :)

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of kristykristy
    Participant
    @kristymckee12

Thanks guys, there just seems to be a lot of hidden agendas behind a lot of a ‘advisory’ Companies! I’ll keep doing my Research!

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Kristy

Best to form your own team of independent professionals. A good broker and accountant would be a good start. Some of those “property advisory” companies are one stop shops spruiking off the plan developments for large commissions.

Don’t rush into anything – educate yourself, read widely and continue to frequent forums like this.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of kristykristy
    Participant
    @kristymckee12

Thanks everyone for your responses, much appreciated!
    Kristy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.