All Topics / Value Adding / Moving a bus stop for driveway?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Jsoe000Jsoe000
    Participant
    @jsoe000

Hi there,
    Has anyone tackled red tape to get a bus stop (or any public asset) moved just a few meters down the road to make way for your driveway?
    I’m talking QLD Brisbane Council area. I have a feeling it’s no easy road with lots of headwind. But I’m looking at putting an offer in for this development site in LMDR2 zoning, and just wanna check if it’s even worthwhile at all.

Thanks heaps!

Profile photo of Adelaide Buyer's AgentAdelaide Buyer’s Agent
    Participant
    @ipcproperty

I would speak to a town planner. They may be able to help you get it moved, or at least point you in the right direction. Also the town planner might have connections with the council planners and they may be able to help you get something tricky approved…

Adelaide Buyer’s Agent | Independent Property Consulting Adelaide
    http://www.ipcproperty.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Stefan Miraglia - The Adelaide Buyer's Agent from Independent Property Consulting

Profile photo of KatarinaHKatarinaH
    Participant
    @toddy2015

Long painful road ahead – unless they wanted to move it anyway. Check with a town planner – even try to talk to Council. They do offer onsite assessments (against a fee of course). Is there no other alternative? Like a shared driveway – easily done with easements. Might be less painful though. There are so many variables that a town planner should always be the first stop when considering a development.

Profile photo of Andrew PittAndrew Pitt
    Participant
    @andrewpitt

No. But I do have experience moving a telegraph pole for a driveway in Sydney. Long, long, long process, similar to DA process, with requirements for certified designers, Council approval and certified contractors, 9 month process, with more than 20 stages.

Andrew Pitt

Enhancing Commercial Property to Empower Business

Profile photo of KarlKarl
    Participant
    @karlthomas

Andrew out of interest how much did all of that cost?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.