All Topics / Help Needed! / How to select find and select positive cashflow area/suburb?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of SteveSteve
    Participant
    @sbourishotmail-com

Hi,

I have a passion for property, and have been in the property market for a little while now, however it has only been rescently that I have discovered the benefits of positive cashflow properties. I have been doing my own research, and I understand what to look for when finding a property.

What I have struggled to find info on is how to narrow down and select an area to invest in, or is this irrelevant, is it all about the deal on offer?

I’m after some advise from some of you property gurus, regarding tools/website/information you collect, to help you determine where (area wise) your next positive cash flow purchase will be?

Also I have always believed that a house and land is a better investment for growth then a townhouse/apartment.
    For example I have been looking in Ballarat as a possibility for a purchase. My delemer lies with House and Land, with possible of renovation, subdivision or future development of the land. Compared with an townhouse/apartment which has a better cashflow rate, but a predicted weaker capital growth rate. Which of the 2 possibilities would you select to invest in?

Do I need to abandon this old style of thinking, as I believe capital gains still play an important part of a property selection process?

Your Help and Advise on these questions would be much appreciated.
    Steve

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Steve Steve.
    Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Steve

While your intention is to renovate and sell, I wouldn’t have complete disregard for capital growth, because if after your renovation it turns out that selling is not viable to due insufficient profit or lack of buyers, you’ll have to go to plan B which is to hang onto it and rent it out. You want it to be a viable plan B if it comes down to it.

As a general rule house on land trumps townhouse/apartment, but there are sometimes exception to the rule. Also if you physically cannot afford to buy a house on land then there is not really any point pondering that vs townhouse/apartment as the decision is made for you (to go for the townhouse/apartment, or save more money for the house on land.)

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of AshAsh
    Participant
    @ash-dhs

You may want to look into “OnProperty.com.au”. There are various podcasts and other resources on positive cashflow property

Profile photo of SteveSteve
    Participant
    @sbourishotmail-com

Thanks for that Jacqui,

Just also wondering were you gather your info from regarding area for your next investment?

Thanks again
    Steve

Participant
    @sbourishotmail-com

Thanks Ash, I’ll check it out.

Participant
    @sbourishotmail-com

Thanks for that Jacqui,

I was also wonder what tools/websites do you use when your searching for an area to invest in?

Thanks
    Steve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.