All Topics / General Property / Townhouse oversupply Brisbane?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Griffo70Griffo70
    Participant
    @griffo70

Hi guys,

Just wondering if the current oversupply of units in Brisbane inner city also applies to townhouses within a 5 km radius of the city?

Do they make good investments opposed to houses that may be further from the CBD?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Clint.

Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Hi Clint

Not sure there is a oversupply of townhouses within 5km of Brisbane, however I will agree there may be a oversupply or potential oversupply of apartments in Brisbane Particularly West End and Fortitude Valley – I donot touch either of these. Apartments are comparable to Melbourne which when you consideration populations – is a real concern for me.

For Townhouses, I look 5-10 km out of the city – try Chermside where we have a development of head out to Mitchelton or Nundah.

What is a good investment? well it depends, really need to consider your strategy, i.e purchase price, borrowing power and time horizon of the investment.

Cheers Ivan

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Redwood Redwood.

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of Griffo70Griffo70
    Participant
    @griffo70

Cheers Ivan, thanks for the advice.

I have had a look at Mitchelton and nundah, however they were houses. It appears the yields are slightly higher for townhouses, would that be right?

Do you prefer single or double level for townhouses? Does it make much difference?

Thank,

Clint.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.