All Topics / Opinionated! / Yale Property Solutions SCAM OR NOT

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of Jono ThornelyJono Thornely
    Participant
    @jonothornely

Hello, I have just started working for Yale property solutions, I am in my first week as a trial.
    Does anybody know anything about them as 3 new people didn’t come back after the first day and
    they avoid any questions about that.They are saying you get $400 from a membership sale which is almost
    the complete cost, It sounds too good to be true and they seem very shifty, Has anybody had any good or bad
    experiences with them?
    thanks

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Jono Thornely Jono Thornely.
    Profile photo of RedwoodRedwood
    Participant
    @redwood

Couple of tips:
    1. Search the forum before posting https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/4995222-new-investors-yale-property-solutions/
    2. don’t use your real name (I assume it is an alias)

Cheers Ivan

Redwood | REDWOOD | SMSF | PROPERTY | FINANCE
    http://redwoodadvisory.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

SMSF - PROPERTY INVESTMENT - WEALTH CREATION AND FINANCE SOLUTIONS

Profile photo of flissaflissa
    Participant
    @flissa99

Seems like this company take advantage of people both customers and employees, my son quit his job on their say so to take a job with them only to find out first day he didnt actually have a job with them, their whole sales pitch is a script and after a week of survivor yale island and 3 people not returning they told him he was not suitable because his voice was boring, they took the actress who could remember the script after 3 half days even though she knew nothing about finance and couldnt calculate the numbers, they advertise every 3 weeks 4 traineeships and get rid of employees very quickly, my son saw 3 names rubbed off the list on a board in 2 days, they are just selling the $770 membership using a 10 page script be very wary of Yale solutions people

Profile photo of BuyersAgentBuyersAgent
    Participant
    @knightm

Couple of tips:1. Search the forum before posting https://www.propertyinvesting.com/topic/4995222-new-investors-yale-property-solutions/2. don’t use your real name (I assume it is an alias)
    Cheers Ivan

@jonothornely 2 great tips there from @redwood. There is a huge property spruiking/marketing industry that has a lot of problems to it. In my view it is worse than used car salesman because at least someone selling cars won’t promise the car will make you rich. There are lots of dishonest players, proceed with caution.

BuyersAgent | Precium
    http://www.precium.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

South Coast NSW Independent Buyers Agent - Wollongong to Batemans Bay and Regional NSW. DOWNLOAD OUR FREE 14 POINT PROPERTY BUYER'S CHEATSHEET to avoid painful mistakes at precium.com.au

Profile photo of Jimbonpro87Jimbonpro87
    Participant
    @jimbobpro87

I have been in sales for about 10 years now, i applied for this job for somthing different BUT after a 10 minute conversation with a lady on the phone i got a bad vibe. This isnt the first time in my 10 years that ive seen this type of company. They are a pure scam selling garbage that you can find on good or by going to a professional financial planner.

I got offered an interview in which i will not be going to as i have no interest in ripping people off.

Profile photo of Mike HendersonMike Henderson
    Participant
    @mikehmelb

The reason they constantly advertise on seek is they turn over a heap of young kids who get totally used and then frustrated. My son worked there for 2 weeks and said it was very shonky. There are literally dozens of these type of companies. They buy properties direct from developers and make around $30k per sale. There is nothing they offer you can’t do yourself. Don’t be fooled with the whole “membership” angle, it’s just marketing.

Profile photo of JoshJosh
    Participant
    @josh123

I’ve been working at Yale for about 2 years now within the sales departments. I have had some great opportunities to work in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth with the company and will hopefully have more in the future. To be honest, when I first started with the company I, like a lot of people was quite skeptical, but now that I have risen from just being a junior, I can see what the company does from a higher level.
    The best part that I like about working at Yale, is the fun environment and amount of information that you are taught on a daily basis. It has been my first real full time job since leaving school and even if I left tomorrow I would look at my time with Yale as a very fond memory.

Profile photo of RossDRossD
    Participant
    @rossd

I’ve been working at Yale for about 2 years now within the sales departments. I have had some great opportunities to work in Melbourne, Sydney and Perth with the company and will hopefully have more in the future. To be honest, when I first started with the company I, like a lot of people was quite skeptical, but now that I have risen from just being a junior, I can see what the company does from a higher level.The best part that I like about working at Yale, is the fun environment and amount of information that you are taught on a daily basis. It has been my first real full time job since leaving school and even if I left tomorrow I would look at my time with Yale as a very fond memory.

What are you doing now Josh? Has Yale now morphed into Stirling Perpetual, or Westbrook United? How is Yale now looking after it’s members?

Profile photo of DaveDave
    Participant
    @harleydavo

What are you doing now Josh? Has Yale now morphed into Stirling Perpetual, or Westbrook United? How is Yale now looking after it’s members?
    [/quote]

RossD may have a finger on the pulse. Looks like Yale are behind Motion Capital in Sydney Brisbane Melbourne. Not 100% sure, but they did lease the Bella Vista office

Profile photo of AAIAAI
    Participant
    @motivated12345

Yale property is now stirling Perpetual. Be very careful and do your research. On one occasion a group of people were told by the manager in a presentation that they have been in the business for 10 years and have officers overseas. When question about the the length of time in business the manger could not answer said it was rebranding. When it was pointed out that both Yale and Stirleing perpetual have not been in existence for 10 years ( do a company search online – Stirling perpetual only registered in 2015 and yale -2015)tried to change the topic and refused to answer.

When asked about the overseas offices the manager mentioned that they are under different names and did not want to provide further information. If Stirling Perpetual approach you to sign up for their membership be extremely careful and do your research, in my opinion it appears they are not transparent and I would not be surprised if they operate in a misleading and deceptive fashion.

If you want to work for them be careful as well and do your research don’t be con by their presentation, ask hard question and look for verification. If they cannot answer, well you should what to do.

Profile photo of MickMick
    Participant
    @mick57

Yale Property is now Sterling Prepetual. Their product or service is absolute nothing. You’ll pay $990 or discounted rate of $770 for a bunch of external affiliates, for which you have to pay every time you use their service. So what’s this $990 for?? Its just for a financial professional who got no financial background at all. Pay close attention to the term financial professional, he is not financial planner. So they are not governed by any disciplinary authority.
    Sterling Prepetual’s manager’s primary goal is to make commissions from you with their property portfolio. All these affiliates are just a drama.. you can get those affiliates by yourself at the same or even discounted prices.
    For those who got offered a job there; it’s absolute crap. You have to memorise a 10 paged script and present it to a potential client. Who was lied about the reason why you’re there in their house doing a presentation. You have to drive around Melbourne, using your fuel, from Monday to Saturday from 12:30 pm to 9:00 pm. Basically you’ll be living on the eastern suburb and you’ll be getting a client on the far western suburbs or country at 8:30 pm. So good luck you’ll be home around midnight. Since the lead given to you is as cold as ice. There is a high chance for the client to close doors on your face. You’ll also have the privilege to do door knocking and lying to people that you’re doing a community awareness survey. But in reality you’re getting their phone numbers for the call centre folks. The same ice cold lead that you gonna get.
    You can ask you trainer anything about the company. But make sure you don’t ask smart questions about how old the company is or why did they change the name or where’s their overseas branch.. if you do so, they’ll smoke screen your question (it’s their term for avoiding it) or give you an answer that makes no sense at all.
    So if you wanna work for 60+ hours of week including door knocking + 1000km plus per week on your car with no fuel rebate + buy some business clothings out of your pocket + some cool motivational lectures along with some lies + penuts as basic pay.. then welcome to sterling.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.