All Topics / Help Needed! / Financial planner/advisor or Accountant?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of paulkarenpaulkaren
    Participant
    @paulandkaren

Hi all,

Just thought i would throw this out there to see what you guys think. Long story short:We are a couple in our Mid 40’s with a young unexpected child (beautiful baby daughter). We have 4 properties in total (including ppor). Having the new bubs has made me think and plan more for the future with regards to the properties and Super etc etc. Given this, we decided to see a Financial Advisor who has strongly steered us towards his affiliated Super company with all the insurances (life, Income tpd etc etc) all a lot higher than we currently pay but he claims much higher returns from his super-far outweighing the extra costs of Management fees etc etc.We explained right from the start we wanted advice on our current level of debt and LVR and whether to sell one property to free up some cash flow etc but we feel he didn’t really help with this at all. He ran with every scenario i threw at him and then kinda just moved on.

Before seeing the above advisor i rang my Accountants company and they just referred me to a Financial advisor who did more or less the same as mentioned above.
    So my question is: Who do i see that would look at our whole investment scenario that will provide unbiased advice without trying to flog me their products?
    We have pretty much made a decision on what to do (rightly or wrongly) but i would appreciate anyones input on who to see in this situation? I am located on the Sth Gold Coast.

Cheers,
    Paul

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

That financial planner sounds like a sales person.

The type of advice you seek is not really regulated so either a financial planner, a tax agent, accountant or a broker could give you the advice. It is not the qualification you should be looking at but the style of the advisor.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

I did the financial advisor run around years ago to no avail. Complete waste of time.

Post here or on other property forums eg somersoft for a lot of advice (some good, some not so much).

I’ve learnt more that way than from all the advisor’s put together.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.