All Topics / Help Needed! / Time to buy PPOR

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of DanielDaniel
    Participant
    @danieljb

Hi all!

I’m just looking for some advice in regards to my situation.

I’m 28 years old. I currently have an investment property. I purchased for $205k, I owe ~$180k, estimated value now is ~$230k. I am currently with Suncorp for the mortgage.

I’m renting a property for $430 p/week currently. For ~ $200 more per week I can buy, I’m keen to do it and can afford it. The area I’m in (Waterloo, NSW 2017) is a high growth suburb, with the rate cutting that’s going on I’m afraid the longer I wait to buy the more the prices will keep skyrocketing.

I was looking to purchase a new apartment for ~$500k. Because it’s new it would get the government grant of $15k. I also have shares of around $14k that could be sold if need be, although would be a last resort.

The biggest issue I have is that I owe the ATO around $15k and am repaying this for next 15 months, maybe closer to 10 months depending on tax return this year.

My questions are;
    – With the ATO debt, will this hinder ability to loan? I suppose I have to disclose it if apply for loan?
    – How much cash deposit would I need a PPOR?
    – Is there any other way to access the equity in the loan without a line of credit loan (without selling) because of the high interest they usually have?
    – Should I be worried about the Sydney bubble and being locked out of the market?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Daniel

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy your time with us.

Ok one question at a time:

1) Yes you will need to disclose the ATO debt and yes it will hinder your ability to apply for a new loan.

In saying this there is no reason why you can’t apply for an equity loan with your current lender and pay out the ATO debt.

2) Assuming this has been cleaned up and all things being equal there is no reason why you wouldn’t qualify for a 95% lvr meaning you would need to put down 5% deposit plus acquisition costs.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.