All Topics / Help Needed! / Tenants Requesting Air-Cond

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of eliseyelisey
    Participant
    @elisey

Hi there,

Tenants are requesting for air-conditioner for the house.

I have obtained a few quotes. Some companies suggested split system and some suggested evaporative cooling system. The evaporative cooling system is quite expensive.

Have anyone has evaporative cooling system installed?? Any good?

Which brand is better? I have talked to a few companies. Obviously, they all are saying that their brand is better.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    Elisey

Profile photo of blackhotelblackhotel
    Participant
    @blackhotel

Make sure you ask for extra rent. I always get split systems. The last one I bought was $700 from Bunnings and still no problems after 8 yrs. I have Fujitsu at home and Daikin in a beachfront property, all the same if you ask me.

Profile photo of blackhotelblackhotel
    Participant
    @blackhotel

Oh, get quotes, many of them. I had one installed the other day and quotes ranged from $2,800 – $5,200 for the same sized Daikin. Had to go up 3 floors with the pipes. I went with the cheaper quote. He is now busy doing everyone else in the building. I used the website serviceseeker. Good Luck

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Installation will generally be cheaper if the unit is going on an external wall. This is because on the inside side of the wall you have the split system itself, and the exterior unit can go on the other side of the same wall. As mentioned by blackhotel, if pipes/conduits have to be run from the interior unit, along walls to eventually meet a suitable outside location for the exterior unit, then install will be pricier. Also check that your install guy is also an electrician capable of putting the aircon switch in the meterbox. Otherwise you will be paying and install guy as well as an electrician.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of eliseyelisey
    Participant
    @elisey

Thanks blackhotel and JacM :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.