All Topics / General Property / Buying at an auction

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mat27177mat27177
    Participant
    @mat27177

Hi,

I have an investment property and want to use the equity in it to buy a property in future. I have done this for a house up for sale, but not for a house up for auction.

Is it essential to have a cash deposit saved up to buy a house up for auction? Or is equity in an investment property I own enough to do this?

Profile photo of BennyBenny
    @benny

Hi Mat,

Is it essential to have a cash deposit saved up to buy a house up for auction? Or is equity in an investment property I own enough to do this?

No need to have a cash deposit, as equity in a property will do – but the auction rules might state 10% deposit. Call the RE agent ahead of the auction, as even these rules are negotiable.

It is a good idea to have your finance “pre-approved” with your lender as, with an auction, there is no cooling-off period. If the hammer falls and you are the buyer, then you would lose substantially if unable to complete the deal. By the way, I am not an accredited adviser – Some who are may well follow on with more useful information, so do listen to them if their words disagree with mine. :(

Good luck with your auction foray(s),
    Benny

Profile photo of mat27177mat27177
    Participant
    @mat27177

Thanks for the reply Benny, I know it’s a pretty basic question so I appreciate your input :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.