All Topics / General Property / Thinking of Buying IP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mastermaster
    Participant
    @master18

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum and I am read some of the very interesting discussions on this forum. So thought I should participate as well.
    I am begginer to IP and planning to buy 1 in August this year I contacted Metropole in Melbourne who assist in setting up IP portfolio.

Can anyone recommend any other agencies who can assist me in buying my first home and or guide me to follow steps or approach in buying first IP.

Cheers.

Profile photo of Corey BattCorey Batt
    Participant
    @cjaysa

You’ll find that the majority of the ‘investment agencies’ out there are just spruikers flogging off OTP townhouses/apartments as they get large commissions from the property developers – beware if you get advised to do this. Metropole is a very well known company, unlike a lot of fly by night operators.

Personally I believe the best value is in the investor expanding their knowledge and formulating a plan by establishing their goal and working their way backwards.

Building a team of professionals can help you through this process, which include an investment savvy finance broker, accountant, quantity surveyor, Buyers agent potentially etc.

Corey Batt | Precision Funding
    http://www.precisionfunding.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Investment Focused Finance Strategist - servicing Australia-wide

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Agree with Corey.

Set yourself up with a good team of professionals that you assemble (not a one stop shop) – finance person and accountant are the most important IMO.

Absorb as much info as you can. Read up – forums like this are a great resource. There’s plenty of good books as well.

Cheers

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Jerry ParkerJerry Parker
    Participant
    @jerryparker

The intrinsic vale in a property is in it location. All buildings depreciate to zero value over time.

So just finding an old how that is cash flow positive just because you have not counted the R&M required is not the best strategy.

Location is key, as well as scarcity in order to drive capital gain.

If you are borrowing 80-90% you don’t really own the property…but you get 100% rights to the capital gain.

Often properties are CF+ for a reason…because nobody wants them.

Investors should buy new properties for capital gain above the average. If you are a hobbyist investor /renovator, great thats a hobby.

<moderator: delete advertising>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.