All Topics / Help Needed! / transfer duty concessions and FHOG for duplex off the plan

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of SchplakSchplak
    Participant
    @schplak

Hi,
    We’re looking at buying some vacant land in QLD and building a duplex on it, to live in as PPOR with my parents in the other side, for the first year it will be under one title and neither side will be rented out. We haven’t bought or have any interest in any property in Australia before. What I would like some help with is whether or not we would be eligible for stamp duty concessions and the First Home Owner grant (Great Start Grant). I’ve looked on all the websites, and as far as I can tell, we would be eligible for the FHOG, but I’m finding it difficult working out our eligibility for stamp duty concessions. It seems that we satisfy all of the First Home Vacant Land concession requirements, except possibly “you will build only 1 home on the vacant land”. Since we are building a duplex, would this be classed as 1 home if it is under the one title (i.e. no strata), and related family will be living in both sides? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Peter

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.