All Topics / Finance / $A going down in next 14 days-pressure on RBA for another 0.25% on March 3rd?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

Does anyone think that the RBA is going to be pressured to drop another 0.25% on March 3rd?

Or with the greek rejection a few hours ago will there be a run up on the $US tomorrow (ergo a drop in the $A and Euro) tomorrow as there is a risk off move in the markets…..and therefore any real decision will be pushed off until April at the earliest.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-17/greece-rejects-six-month-extension-of-eu-bailout-talks-stall/6124810

Understand I’m not saying that Grexit is inevitable…..and probably expect this to go down to the wire into next week etc (with a probable 11th hour agreement before the 28th deadline).

But wondering if the RBA will push off any decision to April at the earliest considering they are going to get their wish for a lower $A (though personally for me its beauty mate though…..as about to send some more money back to Australia this week for the mortgage
    :) but think I might hold out a week until closer to the 28th).

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Possibly domestic factors are having a greater effect at the moment.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of DeanCollinsDeanCollins
    Participant
    @deancollins

@don, what domestic matters are you seeing thats propping up the $A, I thought we would Have been closer to $US1 to $A1.30 by now but seems stuck in the $A1.28 range for the last few days…..should have bought when it hit 1.30 last week  though I have a feeling closer to the end of the week Greece is going to “cause turmoil” again before it gets better…….

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.